Tuesday 15 October 2013

Lack of Leftovers

Not to alarm anybody or anything ... but I definitely didn't get any leftovers. Granted, I didn't make my intentions for turkey sammiches known during the meal ordeal, but the fact remains that my fridge is, regrettably, poultry-free.
One of my friend's dads made me pea soup. It isn't turkey... but it is paralyzingly delicious, so I can't complain. I'm so excited to eat it. So far, the three people I've offered to share with (to clear my conscience and also cause I'm just such a nice kid) have admitted that they don't like pea soup. So now it's all mine. No takebacks.
 
The weekend was wonderful. Seeing the ol' parents was pretty sweet. They're in the process of moving right now though, so it was a little weird seeing the house in boxes. They sold my bed; however, they replaced it with a new bed ten times better. I'd lay down on it and be out in under five minutes. It must have been infused with chloroform (it took them this long to figure that out?! Suckers!).
I got invited to a friend's family dinner on Sunday. The stuffing left nothing to be desired, and so I was happy. In the car on the way back we all passed out, after being picked up from the bus, which we missed our stop on because of turkey-coma and had to back track. There was some creepist on the bus that was chatting up an uncomfortable-looking French woman, and once she got off he turned his buggy eyes on me. Every time I would turn my head, he would try to catch my eye.
Sorry, Igor, not today.
 On Monday Jeremy came around to our dinner! That was really fun. And oh my. That dinner. Imagine a heaping plate of food, half-again, and then two napkins of dessert. Just picture that in your head. That's what I ingested. And then more berry crumble with milk later in the evening. It was delicious. So much food.
I had to resituate my body so I could breathe.
 
Now I just have a heap of homework that I didn't do or think about all weekend, and I don't even mind. I need to organize all of my clothes that I brought back... and I need to shower.
Juh juh juh, and now on to homework.
- Meds

No comments:

Post a Comment