Saturday 5 October 2013

Board Day

 
A sweet thing about the dorm that we live in is how many longboarders there are. There are four of us on the floor alone!
 
Today Em, Nate, Marty, and I went out for a 'possibly-the-last-sunny-day-of-the-year' board session. It was great. We stayed around campus and actually found some good little routes! We got the GoPro out and filmed some of our antics as well. At one point, the plan was for Marty to go under a parked semi, then me, then Nate.
Marty chickened out as he got there and stood up. He smacked into the semi and sort of tripped off to the side, but his board shot under right into my path. Instead of abandoning me, Marty - with good intentions - dived back under the semi (also in my path) to retrieve his board. I yelled and sort of pushed him out of the way, but my board scooped right underneath his and pushed it along like a bulldozer.
We were going at a decent clip, but somehow I didn't wipe out.
The casualty of the day was the snake that got his head run over. I convinced Nate to put the poor little guy out of his misery, cause when I poked him he was still moving. After a quick skull-crunch and a lot of wincing we were back on our way.
 
Em and I opted out of going down a cornered hill that was covered in leaves. Hills are fast. Leaves are slippery. Corners are tight.
Marty biffed it. He rubbed his back up real nicely, but he took it like a champ.
 
After Marty left, the three of us went for one more rip, and after Em and I went down a hill Nate followed. Nate hit a bump under the leaves, and he wiped out hard. We thought his wrist was broken, but he can move it alright now. His elbow, as well. Nice and torn up though!
 
 
 
Em and I also had chocolate bread-toast with peanut butter and chocolate ice cream on top - what?
 
 
Meds


No comments:

Post a Comment