Monday 11 November 2013

Natural Hippy to Society forming Hipster

The first step of a good story is understanding the back ground of said story teller. Recently I've been reading past journals written by former me. It helps me see myself during certain emotional battles, or lets me see a change in writing style. I've just recently started reading the entries I wrote not long ago when I was still planting trees and living in a way that would make most city folk cringe. My biggest topic was always - how many trees have I planted today, what was the weather like, what was work like, I'm tired. But then I got to my days off and I started seeing a pattern, I started to re see how I saw it then, work hard and play hard.

I knew how to put in a hard days work and I gave myself a bonus when I was willing to work for it. It was a lifestyle I came to love. Along the way I met people that were both motivating and inspirational. I met people that helped me see the world from a better angle. Not complex, or through some sort of metaphor, but just the way that it came.

on July 6, 2013 I wrote,

And here I am. In what feels like the most beautiful place in the world. By this point I've seen the tourist attractions, I've seen historic buildings, but the one thing that gets me every time--- is this. This beautiful planet with all the things that were here before man even knew about them. Before man could change them.

These are the words that I wrote! Words that really mean something, and the best thought process I can come up with now is...

uuuhhh, did I feed the fish this morning? Did I print off that last assignment?

It bombards me. How could I have lived so simple before, and now I can barely leave my phone alone for a minute. It's society. The people around you. People that you spend the most time with will affect you the most. And hey it's not a bad thing. Just sometimes you have to re learn what you once knew, and make sure you come back to those things that meant a lot to you before. Instead of caring so much about what you look like, start caring about real things that actually make you happy.

party on wayne. Love Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment