Monday 18 November 2013

Droppin' the Blogger Ball

I'm really sucking at this whole 'post everyday' thing. It's the thought that counts though, right (or lack thereof)?

On Saturday night Jeremy and I put in seven pretty solid hours (maybe six and a half) of homework, and I still felt like I didn't do anything. Then yesterday morning and afternoon I sat on my bed with my work in front of me for three and a half hours. I wrote one definition in that entire time. I don't even know what I was doing! I wasn't on Facebook or Instagram. I think I was literally just sitting there. Ahh well. What're ya gonna do?
 
I've written two of my five 10-page papers for this month, and another is mostly finished. I'm going to clock in a lot of time today and hopefully get that one polished off as well. I'm pretty thankful that I don't have to pull all-nighters anytime soon, like Jeremy. Poor guy.
I just made myself a cold pasta salad with: sprouted lentils; peas; parmesan oregano dressing; and dried, sprouted quinoa. I'm going to take my sustenance and lock myself in a homework-happy area,then not come out for a long time.

A friend from my program and I went to her house last week and put in a healthy four hours doing a project, and we got it half done. It was videos, so we still have to edit both of our clips, but I think the editing will come pretty easily. It was actually a pretty difficult project to do! We each had to make a 20-30 minute video of us exhibiting our 'active listening skills.' So basically, we were counselling each other for twenty-five minute segments. It was really cool to be in a real-live house again, though. She even had a fireplace. We do have a third partner in our group, but she didn't show up at the meeting place. My friend and I waited around for about twenty minutes, then made an executive decision to ditch so that we could get our stuff done. Don't worry, we'll make sure she gets her video done as well.
 
I made a new regime for myself, in that I will only buy one jug of milk per week. I can polish off a 2 litre in two days without trouble, and that's just unacceptable. I managed to make it this week with only buying one, but I've been milkless for about five days now. It's rough. I just want some cereal or Mac N' Cheese.
 
I have to go check the mail, too! I'm waiting for my first ever Ebay purchase! Oh boy, Christmas gift! I think I like giving almost more than I like receiving. Don't get me wrong; receiving is pretty neat as well, but there's something deeply awesome about spending a bunch of time thinking about someone and what they might like to get. I don't know - Maybe I'm just a sucker. But oh boy!!
 
Last night I went out for pho with Jeremy and some of his family! It was pho'ntastic. Ha. Then afterwards we all went back and had wine, good stories, and heaps of laughs. And there was honey mead! It was basically fantastic. We were all big fans.
 
Okay - I think that's just about enough from me for now. Get thee to the homeworkery.

 
- Meds

No comments:

Post a Comment